Repeat for 24 rounds of 30-seconds, 12 min
Challenge Circuit (3 rounds)
Song Workout: The Sprinter, “It’s Time” by Imagine Dragons (4:00)
POP Pilates: Pippa’s Butt Workout (9 min)
Cardio Blast: Blogilates’ Lolo Jones Legs & Lunges Challenge (4 min)
POP Pilates: Amazing Upper Back & Leg Stretches (11 min)
It has seriously been TOO DAMN HOT for me to workout for the past days. It has mean like “mid July kind of hot”. Horrible humidity. I felt like I was burning enough calories just by surviving the heat. That bring us to today!
Equipment and Modifications
- Squatting Preacher Curls: Performed with 8-lb dumbbells as shown on ZWOW #14
- Reverse Plank with Leg Raise: alternated raising legs, holding for 3-secs each, for the first round. I stuck to the Reverse Planking for the other 2 rounds.
Rep Count for ZWOW 37
Santana Pushups = 71 reps
Side Hops = 96 reps
Squat Jumps = 83 reps
ZWOW 37 was pretty good. The extra challenge is in doing the 24 rounds without rest in between. That sent my heart rate into overdrive. I was aiming to get at least 5 legit pushups on each pushup round. I averaged around 6 per round which was good. I didn’t really set “goals” for the other rounds.
After a well deserved water break:
- Challenge Circuit: I tried to go for the 10-lb dumbbells but the squatting position was to darned uncomfortable for me to complete 10 reps like that. The 8-lbs were just right, not too heavy, not too light. Holding the isometric Reverse Plank was intense. My entire body was trembling. I meant to do the leg raise thingy, but I could only do it on the first round.
- Song Workout, Sprinter AMRAP: Put the song on and performed as many reps as possible of The Sprinter. This move hits the entire core. I went into it thinking I was going to be able to do it for the entirety of the song without stopping once. Um, that didn’t happen.
- Blogilates: Pippa’s Butt Workout kicks my ass. It is ALSO based on isometric work and it burns like hell. I can feel my booty right now, so I guess that whatever I did work, regardless of how many breaks I took. I finished with the Lolo Jones Lunge Challenge. I barely kept up with it, but the burn was certainly there. I don’t know how Cassey can do both of these routines without stopping ONCE. She smiles through the burn without collapsing in pain…It makes me think that she’s faking the burn…but then, I’m pretty sure her muscles HAVE to be burning… It’s confusing and, sometimes, infuriating! (Love her, though!)